Saturday, May 10, 2008

I really did not fall of the face of the earth......

Although it seems that way, due to my lack of tending to my little blog. In the meantime, I have had wonderful readers who have graciously posted to my blogs, and for that I am grateful.

I have officially joined the work force again after 12 years of being at home! I was offered a medical transcriptionist position at Capital Orthopaedic and Sports Medicine Clinic (www.capitalorthosports.com) and I have to say that I absolutely love it! Well, I mean they don't call it WORK because it's all fun and games, but I think I have made a rather smooth transition from being a stay-at-home mom to one who gets up every morning to go into the office. I have a great boss, the doctor's are super easy to work with (no God-complexes, thank goodness), and best of all, a steady paycheck!!!!!

I get to wear scrubs, which means I DON'T have to wear dresses, dress shoes, and those wretched panty hose. The only thing more comfortable would be if I did not have to wear a bra, but hey, nothing's perfect.

The only downside to this whole thing is that I have not been able to sew or crochet for months now. I am simply too tired to go to the machine in the evenings, especially since I am busy with dinner and washing, etc. School will be out soon, so at least there won't be all that to deal with, so maybe I can ease back into it with a few pouches or something simple.

So, I guess from now on, in addition to a few creations here and there, I might be posting about who did what at work and why A is mad at B, and C won't work with D, etc., etc......

6 comments:

Raven said...

I wondered what happened to you, Wendy! Congrats on the new job. :) Hopefully things will settle a bit for you after a while so that you can get in some artistic/blogging "me" time. :)

xxx
Raven

Sew Gracious said...

Congrats on the new job, Wendy! :-)

Ophelia Miller Boutique said...

Oh Wendy, I'm glad to know that you're still around :O) Congrats on your new job!!!!

Dughallmor Beagles said...

Hi! Just searched Beagles on Verve and you came up, cute hound!
Great stuff you make too :o)
Sending Beagley slobbers from across the pond!

Chrisy said...

Well it sounds like ur really happy with the new job...congrats....just stumbled on ur blog so don't go neglectin it now!

Hookah Shisha Huka Accessories Charcoal said...

Hookah, Shisha, Hookahs Hookah Accessories Vases , Hookah Charcoal
hookah
charcoal
starbuzz
al fakher
hookahs
Mya Hookah
Deja Vu Tobacco
Khalil Mamoon Hookah
Layalina Hookah Tobacco
Casio Watches
Cars Speakers
Treadmills