So I'm going through the kitchen today, and on my way out I see something out of the corner of my eye. It's dark and I'm thinking something must have fallen off the counter onto the floor, right?
It was a HUGE 4 foot long snake.
Yep, that's right.
Needless to say, I did not stick around to introduce myself. I ran down to the living room, grabbed the phone and yelled at my son Ben to get the heck out of Dodge. I stood there in the front yard shaking like a leaf. I called my Dad, who came over in a flash. He found it curled up under the stove and killed it for me. My son declared it to be a copperhead, but my husband, upon further inspection, felt it was a king snake, which is not poisonous. Look, I'm a fan of nature and all that, but I draw the line at inviting snakes into my home. As far as I'm concerned, the only safe snakes are DEAD ones.